iWave-F Air Purifier
- Special ion needles routed in a flexible bar circuit
- Compact design applicable for HVAC cooling coils up to 48" wide
- Can flex easily in the field to accommodate virtually any application - ideal for ductless systems
- Chemical and temperature resistant, durable for long service life
- No replacement parts
- Flexible voltage input – 110VAC to 240VAC
iWave-F is a flexible ion-generating bar that can treat IAQ in nearly any HVAC application. The air purifier provides the highest level of ionization energy in the most compact size available in the market, producing 240 million ions/cc per foot of flexible ribbon. The highly versatile iWave-F is low maintenance with no replacement parts. As the air flows past the iWave-F, the device emits positive and negative ions, creating a plasma region that purifies the air, killing mold, bacteria and viruses in the coil and living space. The ionization process also reduces allergens, smoke and static electricity, as well as controlling odors (cooking, pet, VOCs) and other particles (no more sunbeams) in the air without creating ozone or any harmful byproducts.
iWave-F’s revolutionary circuit bar with special integrated ion-generating needles fits any HVAC cooling coil up to 48" wide. The circuit bar is chemical resistant and highly durable for long service life. Plus, it can be folded to length in the field to any size and uses self-adhesive tape on the flexible bar and power pack for easy installation. It is perfect for ductless HVAC systems – specifically mini-splits, commercial VRF coils, PTAC systems – plus residential and commercial duct systems, packaged systems, transport cooling coils or even in ice machines. The iWave-F is the most versatile and novel product on the market to address air quality for any HVAC system, in particular to solve mold issues common in hard-to-clean ductless systems.
Three Year Limited Warranty Nu-Calgon offers a three year limited warranty on iWave products. For a valid warranty claim within three years, proof of purchase and proof of installation by a licensed HVAC or Electrical contractor must be provided. See full warranty at iwaveair.com for complete details.
|Packaging Size||Part Number||Additional Info|
This product must be used in accordance to the following directions by HVACR professionals only.
The iWave-F is a highly versatile ion generating device that is designed to be typically installed at the base of the cooling coil for ductless and duct air conditioning systems; but the device can be installed in supply air as well. The iWave-F is an ideal, no replacement part device that can be integrated into wall or ceiling cassette indoor coils of mini-splits, PTAC units or commercial systems where there may not be enough room to install the iWave-C between the filter and coil or to inhibit mold in ice machine applications. The 36 inch ion generating bar can be used for coils up to 48 inches wide. For coils beyond the 36 inch ionizer length, simply center the ionizer bar on the coil to make sure the ionization best covers the coil width. For coils shorter than 36 inches, see the section on iWave-F modification directions below.
Simply peel back the sticky backing to the power pack and ionization bar and stick it across the width of the coil, near its base so the iWave-F treats the coil as well as the breathing zone. Connect the appropriate leads of the iWave-F to 110VAC to 240VAC power and reassemble the equipment and turn on power to the unit.
- Turn power off to mini-split.
- Open front cover of indoor unit.
- Remove filter screens.
- Measure the length of coil and affix ionizer bar to solid surface (often plastic) on top of the coil. The width of the plastic region will easily accommodate the iWave-F ionizer bar so it can treat the coil, barrel blower and breathing zone of the room. For coils between 36-48 inches, center the ionizer bar on top of the coil and affix. For coils less than 36 inches, refer to the iWave-F modification directions below.
- Depending on mini-split model, the area available to mount power pack will vary. Either affix with adhesive backing to back cabinet wall or side of coil.
- Run wires to the electrical compartment to hook up to 110VAC to 240VAC power source to where iWave-F will power on with the indoor fan. For 110/120VAC input, connect the black wire (hot) and white wire (neutral). For 208/240VAC input, connect red wire (hot) and white wire (Neutral or Other AC Phase) to applicable electrical terminal block. Do not use the black wire with 208240VAC input! Important: Always add a wire nut to wire not being used (red or black) depending on voltage input.
- Trim wires to length hook up to appropriate terminal connections and connect. Harness/secure wires within the equipment as necessary.
- Reassemble filter screens, close the front cover and turn on power to mini-split.
iWave-F Modification Directions:
When the iWave-F is too long for the coil which it’s being applied, perform the following steps:
- Measure how much past the end of the coil the iWave-F lays.
- Bend the iWave-F back on top of itself (DO NOT bend under with sticky backing facing each other) so the brush pairs on the top will lay next to the brush pairs on the bottom.
- Peel the backing off of the iWave-F and press it down to the cooling coil starting at the power entry side of the iWave-F. DO NOT press down on the end of the iWave-F that will need folded to shorten the length.
- Fold the iWave-F back to achieve the length required, lining up the bottom and top layer brush pairs, and place a piece of electrical tape across the joint.
- Continue to use electrical tape down the iWave-F towards the end, making sure that the tape joints are between the brush pairs. DO NOT allow the tape to cover the brush pairs.
- DO NOT crease the end of the iWave-F flat. As a guide, use a #2 Phillips screwdriver inside the fold joint to ensure the proper bend is achieved.
- Once the iWave-F has been folded and taped to the length required, push it down on the coil.
- A successful fold procedure will create “pockets” for the carbon fiber brushes to emit the ions.
Download the product bulletin and other relevant literature here.
Download a low resolution file of the product label here.